It is an understatement to say that we have had an incredible day. The blessings just kept coming today and we are so overwhelmed! Here is a quick snapshot in the best chronilogical order I can remember!
1. An amazing care package! My wonderful cousin Michael worked his magic to deliver an amazing, and much needed, care package that really lifted our spirits!! THANK YOU, MICHAEL!!!!
2. Bryan ordered Jimmy Johns for lunch!! I know that may not seem like much but a break from a week long sretch of hospital food combined with a hometown favorite…JACKPOT!!!
3. We received our confirmation numbers for our flights home!! We have been incredibly blessed by the support we have received from our new friends at JetBlue. When we knew that our originally scheduled flights home would not work, we emailed JetBlue and they said they would help us get home. Today we got our confirmation and we continue to be amazed by their incredible support! We LOVE JetBlue!!
4. Logan’s Gift is official!! This is an incredible surprise several months in the making. We are all too familiar with the challenges faced by families with brain injured children and we want to help. Today, we recieved notice from the IRS that our 501C3 application has been processed and we can begin our work to help other families and raise awareness of the amazing work of IAHP so more families can benefit!! So much more to come on this!!!
5. We are cleared for discharge!!!! We have been waiting for approval and delivery of a CPAP machine for Jacob to wear while sleeping. This was the last piece of the puzzle for our discharge and today it arrived. Sorry, new friends, we’re outta here!!!!!
As always, thank you all for your amazing love and support! We will be seeing our incredible team at IAHP this week and then we will head home! Boy are we ready! Its been fun, Philadelphia, but its time to go back to California!!